RESERVATION DEPOSIT AND SECURITY DEPOSIT: A deposit of $250 to $1,000 is payable at the time of your reservation. The reservation deposit applies to your rental payment. A security deposit of $500 to $2,000 (depending on the insurance deductible, value of the vehicle and the length of the rental period) is due in advance of or on the day of delivery. Payment for the security deposit must be made with an accepted credit card in the renter’s name. The security deposit is an authorization on your credit card account, and charges will only be assessed from the security deposit if there are any other charges, such as, but not limited to: extra mileage, additional use time, fuel refill charges, additional generator use, cleaning, or damages.
2. RENTAL PAYMENT: All rental charges must be paid in advance of or on the day you come to pick up your RV or have it delivered. We accept cash, American Express, Discover, VISA and MasterCard. Personal checks, company checks and cashier’s checks are not accepted unless presented well in advance giving time to clear the bank prior to pick-
5. ADDITIONAL DRIVERS: All additional drivers must be at least 25 years of age and present at the time of pick-
8. FUEL: Gasoline tanks are released full and must be returned full. If not, there will be a refueling charge of $25 plus the cost of the fuel.
9. CLEANING: In order to make your vacation more hassle-
12. PROPANE: To make your return easier, it is not required that you refill the propane tank. We will estimate the amount of propane you have used and will charge you for the usage of propane.
13. OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS: Complete operating instructions will be given at the time of departure. This will take approximately one hour. We provide you with a copy of an instruction manual to assist you with driving the RV and instructions on how all the systems operate.
14. ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE: At the time of check-
15. TOWING: Towing is allowed with selected units for an additional charge of $50 per rental (plus $.15 per mile with trailers that require electric brakes). The weight of the item being towed must be within the legal limits of the vehicle. We reserve the right to restrict towing privileges.
16. TRAVEL TRAILERS: You are responsible for having the proper vehicle and equipment to tow the travel trailer with. This will consist of a tow vehicle with sufficient tow rating for the rented vehicle, a class III hitch, a 7-
17. PETS: Pets are allowed in our "pet friendly" vehicles. The vehicle must be returned in the same condition as you received it, free of pet hair and pet odor. If cleaning is required to remote pet hair and pet odor, you will be charged accordingly.
18. SMOKING: Smoking is strictly forbidden in all vehicles. If the vehicle is returned with a smoke odor, a cleaning fee will be charged. Costs for cleaning and deodorizing will vary but could be up to $500.
19. ROOF ACCESS: Roof access is strictly forbidden. The roofing material is fragile, and can be damaged easily.
20. INSURANCE: You are responsible for all damage or loss you cause to others. You have either provided us with an insurance binder from your auto insurance company, indicating that you have primary motor vehicle liability collision and comprehensive insurance covering you, us, and the vehicle (we will provide you with a binder request form which will give your insurance carrier all the information they will need to produce a binder for you), or you have elected to purchase supplemental insurance.
21. RESTRICTED AREAS: Vehicles are restricted from operating in Death Valley and other desert areas during hot periods (May 1st to October 31st). The renter will be held liable for all damages to the vehicle, tires, towing charges, and all other related expenses as a result of a breakdown associated with operating in these areas. Vehicles are restricted to paved roads and highways. If the renter takes the vehicle "off road" and there is a breakdown of any kind, the renter is responsible for the extra towing and other fees. Do not take the vehicle to Mexico. The vehicle is not insured for travel in Mexico and traveler's assistance is not available there.
22. ILLEGAL AND IMPROPER USE: You agree that the vehicle will not be used in violation of any law and further agrees to hold California RV harmless from all fines and penalties levied for violation of any traffic laws. In the event the vehicle is seized or impounded, you shall continue to be responsible for rental charges until the vehicle is returned, pursuant to the terms of this agreement. You agree to indemnity and hold California RV harmless from any and all losses and expenses resulting from seizure or impounding. You also agree that the following are breaches of the rental agreement and you are then responsible for any loss due to your breach: a. Intentional, willful, wanton or reckless conduct. b. Operation of the vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. c. Operation of the vehicle on an unpaved road if the damage or loss is a direct result of the road or driving conditions. d. Used for commercial hire. e. Used in connection with conduct that could properly be charged as a felony. f. Involved in a speed test or contest. g. Operated by a person other than an authorized driver. h. Operated outside the lower 48 states or Canada. i. If you provide false information to us and we would not have rented the vehicle to you if instead we had received true information.
23. MECHANICAL FAILURES: For motor home rentals, you are responsible for checking the engine oil, fluids, coolant level and tire pressure at each refueling, as well as reporting mechanical failures immediately. Renter is responsible for ensuring that the motor home is not loaded beyond its gross vehicle weight rating (which can lead to tire failure or other problems). In the event of a mechanical failure, California RV, at its sole discretion, agrees to repair, to have repaired, or make every reasonable effort to replace the motor home. You acknowledge the possibility of mechanical failure and/or breakdown and further acknowledge that said mechanical failure and/or breakdown is an inherent risk associated with the operation of said motor home or travel trailer, that it is beyond the control of California RV and does not a result in an act of negligence and/or omission on the part of the California RV. You agree that in all cases of mechanical malfunction of the motor home, you will immediately notify our roadside assistance provider by telephone and will follow instructions regarding any and all repair work. We will only be responsible for any repairs up to $100 per rental if said repair charges have not been authorized by the company. You must provide a receipt for any such repairs to be reimbursed. California RV is not liable for your expenses due to unforeseen breakdowns beyond our control. You may be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence in RV operation or failure to provide normal maintenance. In the event the RV is in breakdown repair for 12 hours or more through no fault of yours, our responsibility to you is limited to a refund of daily rate or portion thereof. It is also agreed that radio, automatic step, air conditioning, refrigerator, microwave, TV, DVD, VCR, appliances, cruise control and generator malfunctions are not considered breakdowns and refunds are limited to $5 per item per day at our sole discretion for the repair time or the inability to use these items.
24. ACCIDENT: If involved in an accident, you must notify California RV within 24 hours. For accidents involving more than $500 in damage, a full written police accident report must be submitted to California RV upon your return. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of your security deposit.
25. RENTER'S PROPERTY: We shall at no time be responsible for the loss, destruction or damage of any personal property of yours or any of your passengers carried on the vehicle and you agree to indemnity and make us harmless from any claim with respect to such property.
26. REPLACEMENT VEHICLE: We reserve the right to replace the vehicle with another vehicle of similar size or larger if the reserved vehicle is not available. If no other vehicle is available, all fees will be refunded. We cannot be held liable for any other costs incurred by you.
27. TERMS AND RATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. Any additional terms will be disclosed when the rental agreement is signed. We reserve the right to refuse any applicant.
28. DELIVERIES. If we deliver a trailer to a campground for you, we make every effort to use the campground hookups where possible. If the camp site’s hookups are on the wrong side, we may be able to turn the trailer around with a manual dolly (very light trailers only). No promises are made to turn trailers around in such a situation. We are not responsible for campground configurations that do not enable full hookups. We leave instruction manuals and “quick start trailer instruction” pages in the trailers, as well as instructions on how to contact our staff by cell phone. It is the renter’s responsibility to consult the instructions and to contact the rental operator in a timely fashion if assistance is needed.